Nicoya Peninsula Paradise
Located within Costa Rica’s precious “Blue Zone” & along one of the most scenic Pacific Coast beaches on the Nicoya Peninsula, the two sites known as “Las Manchas A & B” together encompass more than 11 acres of nearly level property. Both sites are stunningly enveloped in a diverse array of flora & fauna; the abundant display of symbiosis is spectacular! With easy access to world-class surf beaches & some of the funkiest towns on the Nicoya Peninsula, this is truly a treasured enclave of Costa Rica’s coveted “Blue Zone.” It is the perfect location for guests looking for an active beach vacation, a re-connection with nature & their inner rhythm, quality time with the family or just a relaxing, fun trip to Costa Rica.
- Legal, Government Granted Maritime Zone Concessions
- SETENA Environmental Permit~ Hotel/Tourism/Mixed-Use
- 11.39 Acres~mostly level, paralleling pristine blue water
- “Blue Zone”~Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula
- Abundant clean, fresh water on both sites
- 2 High-production wells & several meandering water features
- Preliminary conceptual “Master Plan”
- Sustainable stewardship, design & practices employed
- Pacific Ocean~Playa Las Manchas, whitewater/tropical jungle views
- Cabo Blanco~Costa Rica’s first Nature Preserve & National Park
- Extensive flora & fauna~organic fruits including apples, mangos, bananas, coconuts, plantain, guanabana, pineapple, lemons, mandarins & star fruit
- Majestic trees, including Cenízaro & Pochote
- Nearby “off-radar” Surf spots & neighboring world-renowned breaks
- Easy proximity for land, air & sea travel & transfer
The proximity to some of the best surfing in Costa Rica is one of the main attractions of this proposed sustainable eco-resort. The pristine coastal location is close to several excellent “off-radar” surf spots to the south, some of which can be reached within 5-10 minutes by foot or vehicle. Several other well-known surf locations are easily accessible by vehicle & include Mal Pais, Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa, Playa Hermosa and Manzanillo. The proposed resort can provide private & group surf lessons, surf expeditions & a tuc-tuc or electric cart transfer to nearby beaches or towns. Surfers & wellness enthusiasts are both important segments of this market. The resort is also an optimal place for family-oriented surfers’, as it will include an array of activities for family members who do not intend to surf. Offerings will be defined to address the needs of multiple segments in an authentic manner.
Playas Las Manchas features exceptional snorkeling, swimming & picturesque azul water...photo opportunities abound! The property location is also only 10 minutes north of the Cabo Blanco Absolute Nature
Reserve, one of the most scenically beautiful areas of Costa Rica. In 1963, Cabo Blanco became Costa Rica’s first protected nature conservancy & a treasured National Park. The country’s first preserve is named after the island Cabo Blanco, located 1.6 km from the Reserve's southern tip. Since the times of the Conquistadores it has been known as the "White Cape." Cabo Blanco is popular with ornithologists: it’s inhabited by large numbers of brown pelicans, frigate birds, laughing gulls, common terns, ospreys & Costa Rica's largest community of brown boobies, making it a very important seabird sanctuary. The Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve encompasses 514 acres of mixed forest & is classified as a moist tropical forest... visiting is a must!